Wednesday 11 December 2013

preparing little hearts for Christmas

They're done! 


I had so much fun doing this project. 
It was an awesome quiet, reflective project to dive into for Advent. 

Holy Family


Angels
(my girls flipped over the "real" feathers)


shepherds & shepherdess & little peasant girl
(I got ridiculously involved in crafting a "good shepherd")


magi and drummer boy


And after working our way through all our favorite Christmas books
plus some new library loans this year, 
the kids know exactly what to do with the new Nativity pieces. 


Sealy Kids' Top Picks:
Room For a Little One
Little One, We Knew You'd Come
This is the Star
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
The Crippled Lamb
The Fourth Wise Man
The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey
Christmas (straight Scripture with intriguing illustrations by Jan Pienkowski)








4 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly,
    You did an amazing job! Is there nothing you can't do? Hope all is well with you.
    Sharon Yanchik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon! I'm so excited to hear from you - please tell M. a huge hello from me - I'd love to hear more about how you are both doing :) Love, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! I wish I was crafty but alas, crafting mostly makes me angry and results in something that looks like a preschooler made it.

    Hope you, Rich, and the kiddos are all feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly! I have a lot to tell you. My e-mail is sly5@atlanticbb.net. E-mail me ok. I am on facebook too if you are you can find me then. We have some catching up to do. Mikayla says HELLO!!!!

    God bless and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete